Throughout this course, you have learned about the financial, personal, and societal effects and ramifications of aging. Gathering the information learned to date and preparing a final summation will help to pull the various ideas together.
Use what you have learned in this course to complete a discussion of at least 3 pages on 1 of the following topics:
- How age demographics are changing and what impact these shifts have on the perspective of aging that society holds
- How the social process of aging changes as an individual gets older
- The social issues raised with ageism
- The financial ramifications and repercussions the elderly, their society, and their families face
Support your work with references from the library and the Web. At least 2 sources should be used.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography, but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.