Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
1. Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
2. Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
3. Answer a question posted by another student in detail
4. Share an applicable personal experience
5. Provide an outside source
6. Make an argument
Both the responses should be in a single page with APA formatting with a minimum of 2 references for each student response
Leader traits and attributes for good decision making.
The leadership style in an organization can determine whether an organization will succeed or not. Thus, it is important to ensure that there is a good leadership style. In an organization, leaders are very important are they determine the kind of decisions that will be made regarding the operations of the organizations. There are various traits and attributes that leaders have which help an organization to make good decisions. One of the traits is critical thinking (Ejimabo, 2015). A leader is supposed to be a critical thinker to ensure that the best decision is made against all the other available alternatives. The second attribute that leaders have that promote good decision making in organizations is goal-oriented. By being goal-oriented, a leader will ensure that the decision is towards achieving the organization’s overall goal.
The differences in charismatic and transformational leadership
In charismatic leadership, the leader’s charm makes people be close to the leader. Charismatics leaders have a well-set vision that they work hard to achieve. Charismatic leaders look after the emotions of their followers, which is one of their charms. Charismatic leaders are said to work towards satisfying their personal interests rather than that of their followers (Keth, 2016). On the other hand, in transformational leadership, a leader is more concerned about making changes in individuals and systems. A transformational leader works towards making their followers leaders of tomorrow. Thus, they have the interests of their followers at heart. From table 8.1, the high-performance focus is the best for both strategic and operational decision making. It is clear that the major focus of the high-performance model is to ensure that the preferences of the customers are met at whatever cost. This is very important as it will help ensure that any decision that is made concerning the strategy and operations of the organization will aim to achieve customer satisfaction.
Ejimabo, N. O. (2015). An Approach To Understanding Leadership Decision Making In Organization. European Scientific, 1-24.
Keth. (2016, February 11). Difference Between Charismatic and Transformational Leadership. Retrieved from differencebetween.com: https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-charismatic-and-vs-transformational-leadership/
Decision-making in an organization is essential. The leaders of the organization are responsible for decision-makers who must have the traits necessary for decision implementation. These traits and attributes are productive communication to the employees and let them know what they expect, goals and objectives from them on meetings, and feedback (Scholl et al., 2018). Readiness provides a solution to the arising challenges by creative thinking, brainstorming, doing personal analysis on the issue, encouraging teamwork in the organization, critically analyzing the logistics to be used, and consulting extensively with others. The leaders should also motivate the employees and give recognition for any success achieved in the charismatic organization. Leadership is usually tried to the behavior of an individual who is observed and regarded as a hero. In that type of Leadership, individuals are more than ready to undertake the risks personally (Bratton, 2020).
2. In contrast, transformation is instilled in people by teaching, inspiring, and motivating them on the leadership concepts (Bratton, 2020). it focuses on the followers as a group to achieve the objectives and goals of the organization. The two leadership styles give more confidence to the organization’s employees, making a warm satisfaction, making more exceptional achievements. The implementation of technology succeeds with the two styles as individuals are receptive and eager to learn and use technology. With technology, it is easy to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
3. The traditional and the higher performance focus are both critical in the organization. The traditional focus has features like bureaucratic structure, not transparent processes; management has the overall plan while teams do the high-performance planning. It is autonomous and employee-centered. For strategic decisions, the traditional focus is applicable as it is much on individual achievements. For operational decisions, high performance is vital as it requires everyone to input and effort, and the employees are highly involved (Bratton, 2020).
Bratton, J. (2020). CHARISMATIC AND TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP. Organizational Leadership, 149.
Scholl, I., LaRussa, A., Hahlweg, P., Kobrin, S., & Elwyn, G. (2018). Organizational-and system-level characteristics influence the implementation of shared decision-making and strategies to address them—a scoping review. Implementation Science, 13(1), 40.