M2D1: The Self-fulfilling Prophecy and DissonanceNo unread replies.No replies.Introduction to the ActivityHow do our beliefs or attitudes change the people around us? Do we unconsciously create our own failures and successes? How can we become more aware of these influences? Have you ever had to act in a way that was not in agreement with your personal values? What role does cognitive dissonance play in your own life? This activity will address Module Outcomes 1, 2, and 3. By the end of this activity you will be able to:Discuss how social judgments and beliefs are related. Discuss the self-fulfilling prophecy and its impact on behavior. Define and explain various theories that determine our behaviors and attitudes. Instructions for PSY 360 and MLS 560 LearnersAfter reading Chapters 3 and 4, watch the following video:Self Fulfilling Prophecy (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)Answer the following questions:Describe a personal example of a self-fulfilling prophecy, something you have experienced or witnessed in your own life.Now, describe a time when you personally experienced cognitive dissonance, and explain how you resolved the dissonance.With reference to your example, describe how cognitive dissonance theory explains thoughts and behaviors when people act in ways that are contrary to their personal beliefs.Think of a way in which cognitive dissonance theory can be used as a catalyst to positively impact a change in behavior, and describe your example.Initial Discussion PostWe ask that your initial post should be at least 250 words and must substantively integrate the assigned readings from the module with proper APA (Links to an external site.) style formatting. You may use additional sources and materials as long as they are relevant to the discussion and cited properly with APA style citations.We encourage you to visit the Library (Links to an external site.) or the Excelsior OWL (Links to an external site.) for assistance with APA style formatting.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.