Analysis of End-of-life-careMost old people die away from home against their wishes. Palliative care developed in the 60s when old patients expressed mental and physical distress in their depth beds. During that period, hospitals were quite unsympathetic concerning the needs of the old patients as they considered terminally ill patients of low priority and even medical failures. On the other hand, hospices laid much emphasis on patient-centered care. The development of the hospice enhanced the trend of the old patients dying away from home. Home caregivers believe that hospice has a specialist who can handle old patients. Besides death at the hospice, hospital deaths have also risen due to specific demographic factors. For instance, in some regions, old patients suffering from diseases related to respiratory or heart conditions (Henry, 2018). In such cases, hospital care is vital to the final days of life. Generally, the rise in the hospice development and the demographic factors based on rampant diseases in some regions, and the key enhancer of the trend of old age death away from home.To support these clients as a nurse, I can incorporate home care services in the specialty, since most clients express the wish to die while at home. The palliative care services can also be managed at home, with most of the palliative care being focused on the community (Ahmad & O’Mahony, 2017). The palliative care, in this case, will deal with all old patients, encompassing their diagnosis, treatment, among other aspects of care. The care offered at home proves to be more effective as it is the wish of most clients, making them feel valued and respected. Receiving care from home keeps the client into a positive mind and enhances quality and peaceful death.ReferencesAhmad, S., & O’Mahony, M. (2017). Where older people die: a retrospective population-based study. An International Journal of Medicine 98(12), 865-870.Henry, C. (2018, August 11). Too many people are dying in hospital against their wishes. Health, pp. 1-6.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.